Power electronics is defined as the electronics intended to manipulate electrical energy.
Applications of power electronics are found in numerous areas, such as for example:
- Motor control
- Audio amplifiers (also for noise cancellation and anti-vibration)
- Solar panels
- Induction heating
- Appliances for research in batteries, battery’s, supercapacitors, fuel cells and corrosion protection.
HedoN has extensive expertise in the field of power electronics. We have broad experience working with alternating and direct currents up to many hundred Amperes, as well as direct voltage, single- and multiphase systems, capacities to above 100 kW and the use of various switch frequencies. HedoN has experience in among others the development of:
- Digital amplifiers
- Amplifiers that can be set in such a way that they can be connected in parallel at the output.
- High voltage amplifiers
- Ballast amplifiers (meant to take up energy from a battery)
- Active cos φ-compensation
- (Power) electronics that meet EMC-guidelines
For example: in research of batteries and battery’s, as much as possible knowledge needs to be acquired with regard to the internal process of a battery. For such research it is necessary to, during both charging and discharging, measure the impedance and the alternating current resistance of the cells at frequencies up to 150 kHz. The control of phase behavior is crucial in this. This requires a lot of knowledge and experience in the field of electronics and control technology. HedoN is equipped with both.
Since early 90s, HedoN has developed choppers, and since 2014, HedoN also develops appliances for the research and testing of cells (battery’s, batteries, fuel cells, etc.). Please visit the links underneath for further information and a collection of the developed products by HedoN with power electronics.