The development of electronics is a nice challenge. However, ensuring reliable production, delivery and quality is equally important to us.
Ensuring purchase of components at competitive prices through a reliable logistical chain is our basis. Subsequently we check whether each product was produced correctly. In order to do this, HedoN develops its own production tests for testing a complete product or a section of a product. These production tests are also installed at our production partners in order to ensure quality throughout the entire chain.
With a production test, it is possible to, amongst other things:
- verify whether the right components were used,
- verify the integrity of solder joints and other connections,
- verify whether the processor is able to communicate through all interfaces on the PCB,
- check all functional requirements, and
- when a product does not pass the tests, an indication can be given on what the problem is.
Depending on a number of factor among which the number of products and the costs of the test, more or less automation of the production test can be desirable.
Aside from this, we use several other tests in order to safeguard the quality and integrity of the products, such as:
- automatic optical inspection (AOI)
- X-ray analysis
- temperature and humidity tests
- vibration tests
- drop tests
HedoN has experience with the design and use of production tests for single items to complete products in series of 10 pieces to over 40.000 pieces per year.
HedoN has been developing product tests since the 80s. A few examples:
- The production test for an induction heater. The product under test consists of 3 PCB’s and several mechanical components among which a housing. A separate production test was designed for each PCB. The test is optimized to enable reliable and quick testing without any special training requirements for the operator. The concept is operational for volumes in the order of 100 units or more per year.
- The production test for a small number of PCB’s An example of this is a specially designed separate measurement system which is connected to the product in a laboratory environment. This way, all measurements can be done in a simple way, without further automation. The concept is suited for volumes of around 10 units per year.
Are you curious about the possibilities or are you interested in a collaboration? Don’t hesitate and get in touch!